I am sending this week’s letter out early as there are some important bus route changes to the afternoon route and rider assignments for P5 and P7. Based on recent changes in ridership and some feedback we received regarding turnaround locations, we have gone back to the drawing board and feel the attached, updated routes make more sense and will be safer - especially in winter. Please be sure to check the routes to find your stops and times.
Again, the changes ONLY impact the AFTERNOON routes and some students who were on P5 may now be assigned to P7 and vice versa (especially Penniman and the beginning of Stage road between the school and the town shed..
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, PES would like to provide a helping hand and fill pantry shelves. We will send home a flier with your child starting next week, so be on the lookout for them in folders or backpacks. Thank YOU in advance for your participation and support”
Celebration Books - This year, Viki Bridge our media library specialist, collected input from students, teachers, and the wider community to compile a collection of titles for Celebration Books. She also had the great idea of doing an online ordering form. We are so excited to grow the collection with diverse input and interests. Thank you to all who gave suggestions and to all who order a book in honor of a student. Watch for the order form via email.
FAST Updates & Survey - Donelle Bucholtz and I are busy planning for the FAST season. We met with John Hunt from Whaleback and were especially pleased with the following adjustments to improve skier experience and supervision during this year’s FAST program:
- Streamlined check-ins for lesson (with flags to help students find their lessons)
- Increased supervision and support at the chairlift and t-bar (including attendance taking at those checkpoints)
- Use of radios by selected chaperones
- A corps of “Mountain Hosts” who ride the mountain (and chairlift) with the sole purpose of watching for students who may need a little help or just someone to ski/ride with.
- A volunteer orientation night at Whaleback prior to the start of our program. (We will provide date and info about babysitting, etc. once we firm things up.)
We are also excited to expand other types of programs and activities to include yoga, swimming, and possibly even rock climbing or line dancing. Before we finalize the list of activities for kids to choose from, we need to hear from you. We can’t do any of this without a substantial number of volunteers. The program will run from January 13 through February 10th on Friday afternoons (1 to 2:50 for PES-based activities, 1:30 to 5 pm at Whaleback.)
Please take a moment to let us know if you are interested to volunteer and provide suggestions on activities we can add to our offerings:
Timely announcements can be found on our website as follows:
Please consider downloading the app (from the footer on the website) so you get these alerts on your phone!
- Links to events,
- News items
- Live feeds
- NEW: Community announcements can now be found in the Programs Section at the bottom of the Home Page
- Study hall is now available Monday through Friday for grades 5 to 8
- Please be sure students make plans for changes in dismissal ahead of time. We have had a huge increase in the number of students requesting to call home to make changes to their after-school plans. As noted in the handbook, this should be taken care of before coming to school to avoid disruption to students’ learning or to the office - especially at the end of the day.
THE WEEK AHEAD: It’s a busy one!
- All Day - Town Voting in the gym
- 6 pm - PTA Meeting in the Music Room
Wednesday - 6 pm - 8th grade LHS Info Night.
- 8:10 am - Veteran’s Day Assembly
- 12 noon - Senior Luncheon - we cohost with Stephanie Schell. Our students will help prepare and serve food, make decorations and favors, and provide performance and conversation during the event.
Friday - Veteran’s Day - NO SCHOOL
Saturday, November 12 - Town Covid Clinic (See attached flyer)
Enjoy another beautiful and WARM weekend,
8 K to 4 School Sing – 8 am Lobby – Parents/Guardians Welcome
8 PTA Meeting – 6 pm - Library
9 8th Grade Info Night (LHS Reps) – 6 pm to 7 pm
10 Veterans Day Ceremony, 8:00 am
11 No School - Veterans Day
12 COVID Vaccine Clinic - 9 am to 4 pm
15 K to 4 School Sing – 8 am Lobby – Parents/Guardians Welcome
16 Professional Development Committee Meeting – 3:10 to 4:30 - Library
17 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee Meeting – 5:30 pm - Music Room
18 Student Flu Clinic - 9 am to 11 am
18 All School Assembly – Kindness through Gratitude
21 Safety Committee Meeting – 3:15 pm - Library
22 K to 4 School Sing – 8 am Lobby – Parents/Guardians Welcome
23-25 Thanksgiving Break
29 K to 4 School Sing – 8 am Lobby – Parents/Guardians Welcome